Thursday, October 23, 2008

Keshan's Birthday

Well, my blog won't let me post any pictures right now...grr. I will post a short video from Keshan's birthday party instead.

We had a little party in our back yard. Kesh had a great time. She especially loved the cake! I am not sure she was too fond of the frosting sticking to her hands, though. What a little ham!

What do you get for a 1-year-old? Grandma Helen and Grandpa Lance got her a doll. Grandma Mary and Grandpa Robert got her a Birthday Girl Willow Tree Figurine that we will use each and every birthday as her special birthday place holder at the table. Kuyler got her a buffalo...that's right, a buffalo. She saw a buffalo at the airport and loved it. When Kuyler and I were shopping for her gift, I asked him what sister would like. He exclaimed, "A buffalo! Keshan loves buffalo! We need to get her a buffalo! And I need a lion!" Yes, he also got a lion for himself. ;) She also got a soft piggy nursery rhyme book and a wagon!

Kuyler got a David and Goliath figure set which he uses to make all of the Bible stories which he loves so much. They are great toys! I think he will probably collect the others in the set (Jonah and the Whale, Daniel in the Lion's Den, etc.).

We had a great time! Now that Kesh is 1, she is changing so quickly. She had fangs for her birthday. (Her center top teeth didn't come in until recently.) The marks on her nose are courtesy of the nightstand in our bedroom. Yes, she fell the morning of her party. Now, we have it saved in pictures for posterity. More bangs come everyday. Toddlers are so resilient. We are cringing as she is learning to climb onto the couch, recliner, and one time even found a way into the bay window! Eek!!! Yes, Rachel, it does look like I have a little Lauren on my hands! I am calling you for advice on staying sane while she trys to climb everything.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, big girl!

Ah, you got a climber. Gretchen is one too. Keeps you on your toes, for sure!

Oh, and about the scarred face right before a big event....Gretchen did the same thing the day of my sister's wedding (she was the flower girl). Good for all the pictures! But now we look back and laugh :)