Thursday, April 24, 2008

God's Hidden Blessings

We have been having fun in the snow...therefore fun in the house. Kuyler and Keshan got t-shirts from Grandma and Grandpa Miller. We, of course, had to immediately take pictures. Here are brother and sister posing for the camera. Keshan's little t-shirt is illegible in this pic, so we took another. Besides, the picture is too cute to not share.
Kuyler has a picture that answers the questions, "Where do you live?" and "Why do you not get any television stations at all?". We live in a hole. Yes, that's right, a hole. You can see it directly behind Kuyler. This picture is so funny. We can't help but laugh when we look at it. In the last blog, you saw Keshan with her little monkey. Well, Keshan is our little monkey. We hope you'll agree that our monkey is awfully cute! Lastly, for tonight, an update on Jason and I. This week has had it's definite ups and downs. Jason lost both grandmothers within 23 days of each other. He hoped to get to Ohio for the funerals, but was unable to either time. We are sad and yet rejoice in lives well lived and eternal hope as they both rejoice in the Presence of our Heavenly Father. I have been battling kidney stones for the better part of 3 months. (The above picture is from the hotel while Daddy kept the kids entertained with cartoons while I was in surgery. Note Keshan's grip on Brother - he's not getting away from her.) Two surgeries later, my battle is almost at an end. I received news today that the stones are all out and now I just need to have the stint removed. I and my whole family are ecstatic to be almost done with this ordeal. Kuyler ran around tonight with his arms spread wide calling out to me, "You're free! You're stones are out of your tummy!!" That boy pays attention to everything! God's blessings are abundant toward us! He is taking care of finances, time together, and all that concerns us. I think the Grandmas went to heaven and requested that the Father "give us a break". Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hello! It has been quite a month for all of us. Whew...I am hoping and praying for some sanity and normalsy for all of us. See you in a bit! Erin:)

Katie said...

You weren't exxagerating about the "hole"! Too funny.
I am so glad you're getting the stint out...and love Kuy's reaction. They DO listen to everything, don't they?!